Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny again this week from Small Things




Knitter's crack.  I've touched it.  And yes, I totally get it now.  If you've had it, you probably know what I'm talking about without my having to name it.  Gorgeous colors.  But the hand - springy, squooshy, unbelievable stitch definition.  It makes my ribbing look store bought.  You know what it is.  Madelinetosh.  In this case, it's Tosh Vintage.  Oh.my.goodness!

I allowed myself to buy some of this last month because of the intention that this will be made into an Easter (baptism maybe . . . why my 6 year old is still not baptized is a discussion for another post) dress for Coco.  My LYS has a promotion where, if you bring in an FO and either the ball band from the yarn you used or your receipt showing that they yarn you used came from this store, you'll receive 20% off of your next purchase.  So, I used that promo to snag some of this yarn.  And since I have cast on well outside of two weeks before Easter, I'd say I'm doing quite well on my intention!  I am very happy with my purchase.  I don't think I'll go overboard . . . Although I will report later whether I made it to the Leap Year sale at my LYS this morning between 7-9 to grab the steepest discount they are offering today in order to apply that 29% off to more Tosh Vintage.  This is really very, very lovely yarn.  I might check out Quince & Co's Chickadee next, though, because it looks like it is spun similarly to Vintage and the colors are beautiful.  I'd like to knit Paper Dolls for Coco for the fall and I want to explore whether using this yarn is a good idea.


And I finished last week's knitting.  A Mini Cobblestone for my Mr. Manny Man.  I am really happy with how it came out.  I was really unhappy when I realized that I only had one skein of that yellow . . . and really happy again when I discovered I had a mini skein, which I needed when I saw I was here and not yet done with the sleeves and not quite ready for the contrasting cuffs:


And without further ado . . . may I present you the handsome model!


Please disregard the door with no trim and Mr. Man's artistic expressions on the wall behind him.  I still have to block this number.  All in all, though, I am very happy with it.

Still reading A Mother's Heart.  I am really enjoying this book, and do feel like what I am taking in from it is beginning to show in my mothering.  And that's a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. love your sweater and such a super cute model too!!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie pie. He looks great in the sweater. Very nice knitting.

    ReplyDelete