Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Birthday Crafting . . . I hope


Mr. Manny Man has his 3rd birthday coming up at the end of next month. Never mind that I discovered this weekend that his size 3 pants are starting to look short.  Sigh.  In any event, see that wanna be crown above?  I started it for his first birthday.  I'm feeling pretty good about being able to pull it together for this year, though!  Hold a good thought for me, if you would, please.  I can use all the extra motivation.

And that dragon up there . . . while his story is not as sad as that of the crown (he was cut for the most part Thanksgiving weekend - this past Thanksgiving thankyouverymuch), he only has a wee bit of sewing done on him.  And my little guy would like a dinosaur.

But, he loves, loves, loves, horses.  As you can see here:
This hobby horse traveled with us last summer to Hilton Head Island.  And he has co-opted his sister's Christmas gift - a horse for an 18" doll.  And he has named him (and his other horse friends) Barney.

So, you see, I have to consider this.  I should be able to whip up at least 2 of these, I'd think.

If I didn't have Easter knitting to do.  There is a lovely bunny pattern I found on ravelry that is just begging to be knit and I cast on for Coco's dress tonight.  And then there is the sweater I have to knit for the school auction (but that's not until the end of April).  And did I mention I want to do some charity knitting for Lent?

Oy.  I need more hours in the day.  But then who doesn't?

One more thing.  Miss Coco made her first needle felted project on Saturday.  I am so proud of her!



What are you working on?  This is my first time joining Nicole over at Frontier Dreams for her Craft Along.  Happy crafting!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE Living Crafts magazine - I have so many bookmarks sticking out of my copies of things I have to make. He will love the dragon. That hobby horse photo is so cute! And what a gorgeous needle felted heart - she must be so proud of her work! Good luck with the sewing - there are never enough hours in the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked your horse link...it looks totally do-able. Go for it!

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on the to do list as long as I am tall! I figure if I give up sleeping, I should be good to go!

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That issue has some cute stuff, but the dragon is my favorite! (One of the older issues has a hobby horse in it, even!) I have also been eyeing that horse pattern for a while, I have dreams of making my daughters a little stable and corral to go with their herd. :D

    Found you via Frontier Dreams....good luck with your birthday crafting!

    ~carrie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie - Thank you! I've eyeballed that pattern . . . and even copied this one (as seen here on ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hobby-horse). But I have been long guilty of "if one is good, two are better!" and am trying to curb that tendency. The one we have was given to our oldest by my aunt when she was a baby. Who knows what Christmas will bring, though! Hopefully you'll get around to making that stable and corral!

      Delete
  5. Lol, so many projects! They all sounds great. And the horse pattern looks great too :-)

    My little man is all into dinosaurs too, it's a fun stage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great projects! good luck in your preperations for his birthday and easter

    ReplyDelete