Monday, January 7, 2008

First Day of School!

Uh, no, I'm not pregnant.  Now, on to the topic.

Today is The Bean's first day of daycare/pre-school.  I'm very excited for her, but also sad that I'm not able to keep her at home with me.  Or maybe I'm more sad that I just can't be at home.  Who knows.  I anticipate that she will cry when it's time for me to leave and that will break my heart.  I mean, I'll be leaving her with a room full of strangers, and she's only 2!  I'm not a big fan of that and I'm 37!  I do think that she will thrive in this environment, though.  It's a Waldorf program, that, thankfully, I didn't have to have an interview for, get on a wait list or do any of the other crap that makes me shut down when I just think about the school process here in Chicago, which, yes, starts in pre-school.

Oh, and yesterday, I received my second unsolicited, "I love you, Mommy"!  And yes, my heart melted all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment