Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am even more determined

to leave my job to be at home with The Bean.  I've been home since Thanksgiving.  Seven days in a row.  I realized today that I have not spent 7 days in a row with my child since she was 9 mos old and we went to PR.  Even then, it's not the same as being in your own home.  And yes, she did drive me bonkers at times, but more often than not, spending time with her is a joy, a blessing and a privilege.  

Today she napped for 3 hours!  She has not done that since an infant.  Every day I have been home she has slept for a minimum of 1.5 hours - also unusual for her.  I accept that she may be going through a growth spurt, but I also maintain that my being at home has played a part.  There is nothing like seeing how your presence actually impacts someone, especially when that someone is your own child.  Yeah, the job can't compete with this.  And even though it's a great paying job, I've got to get out of there.  At the end of the day, I just do not care about it and I want to be with my child.

I hate that I'm heading back there in a few hours.

On a positive note, I visited a Waldorf day care/pre-school with her on Monday and LOVED IT! "I lika school, mommy!"  It was a joy to see her interacting with the things in the classroom.  I loved the set up of the classroom.  Even though there were no other brown children there, it felt like a wonderful place for her.  But the hours suck.  8:30-3:30 and no Friday afternoon!  We're going to have to find a way to make this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment