Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yarn Along

I have been woefully neglectful of this little blog.  How ironic, the name that is.  There is so much I have already forgotten because I have not written it down.  About 2 weeks ago, Coco asked me what her favorite foods were as a baby.  Sadly, I couldn't remember.  Fortunately, I had written it down somewhere!

Hopefully, by participating in this Yarn Along from Small Things, I can get to this space a little more regularly and record a bit much more.  You can see Ginny's Yarn Along page here

I impulsively cast on for this little number this past Friday night.  I need to knit a dress for Coco and had an entirely different sweater planned for Gian's birthday sweater (and had purchased new yarn to boot!).  I had also been wanting to knit him a mini Cobblestone in some wonderful, dark green Peace Fleece I have.  But, spring is coming, and dark green won't due.  And after his reaction to his last knit sweater (finished last week),  I just had to get another one going for him.  I remembered this yellow I had and knew it would be perfect.  Perfect lasted until Saturday when I was finishing the yoke and frantically looking for that apparently non-existent second skein of yellow Peace Fleece.  I went to my ravelry page and confirmed the awful truth.  I only had one skein of it.  I was not happy.  So, I had to figure out how to salvage this number.  And this is why I had to come up with something:

When I finished knitting said previous sweater, I tried it on Mr. Manny Man after having kitchenered one  arm pit and still having the other to go, and with ends hanging off of the sleeves and body.  You know what he said?  "I wuv it!"  With all the appropriate emphasis on "wuv".  Then when I went to take it off of him, do you know what he said?  "Not yet."  Not yet!!  He is truly my most knitworthy recipient.  And he's not quite 3 yet.  My dad and younger brother probably tie for second.

So, here it is:
The book is what I am currently reading and using in my prayer time in the mornings I manage to have prayer time.  A Mother's Heart A look at values, vision, and character for the Christian mother by Jean Fleming.  I bought this book almost 6 years ago.  Pitiful, I know.  It is a very good read, and it is enhancing my prayer time.  I am enjoying it very much.

Spending time with this book this morning helped me pull of the nearly impossible - making it to church tonight by myself with the kids.  I have been awful, just awful about getting them to church regularly and I am ashamed of my failure in this department.  But, I was happy, so very happy tonight.  The devil tried to discourage me when there was an accident on the way to church that slowed us down quite a bit.  I almost turned around.  But, I wanted my ashes.  I wanted the children to know this is an important day to recognize and acknowledge.  Blessedly, we made it.  What's more, they were good.  They were very, very good!  I didn't have to leave mass once.  Thank you, God!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, stopping in from the yarn along. It's hard balancing everything, isn't it? Love the color of that yarn, and how cute is your son loving the things you knit for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by Darcel! Hard, indeed. I have checked out your blog before and have enjoyed it. Good luck with your knitting project! He makes it hard not to fall trap to that old adage of loving our sons and raising our daughters.

    ReplyDelete