Wednesday, November 21, 2007

She just amazes me

Yup, I'm one of those parents.  As proud as I can be and continually amazed by my daughter.  She's 2, you know, and clearly on her way to being a prodigy of some sort.  Seriously, though, I used to hate to hear my dad tell stories of the things I supposedly did at 2 or 3.  Since he was out the door by the time I was 5, I didn't put a whole lot of trust in anything he said.  But, now that I've got a munchkin of my own.  I see that he probably wasn't lying about the trip to buy my Easter coat at 2 where I picked the most expensive coat and wouldn't agree to anything else.  I spent a good amount of time knitting The Bean some longies and she cringes just at the sight of them.  No amount of chocolate bribing will get her to keep them on.

So, last night she starts whispering in my ear and giggling away like crazy.  I'm just befuddled.  What on earth is she saying?  Oooohhhh, "'prise?!" Giggle, giggle, giggle.  She's saying, "surprise!"  She wants a surprise, or as we also put it, a "special treat" - aka chocolate.  Once I understood what she was saying, I just had to laugh.  She's so hooked on chocolate.  But, she refuses juice, so, I indulge her chocolate cravings.

And coffee.  The girl loves coffee and will beg for it on Saturday mornings.  It is the funniest thing to me to see her with her tons of cream, just a little bit of coffee in her two handled sippy cup without the lid on.  "Mmmm, good!"  At 2.  Good coffee.  

Oh and one more (gotta get ready for work!). . .  Sunday we went and had our family picture taken and her 2 year photos made.  Afterward we went to Rain Forest Cafe for dinner.  She ate, a lot.  When we got home it was time for night-night.  Well, she's already a world class staller.  "Eat!  Food!"  Ok.  I cannot believe you're still hungry, but, ok.  What would you like to eat?"  She paused, seemed to be considering things, and a few moments later responded, "Egg."  Just like that.  I scrambled one and she ate it.  I don't know what happened after that because I passed out and when I woke up, she was in her crib.

She just amazes me and I love her to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment